Some top attractions in London that visitors usually visit like the British Museum, Buckingham Palace, Parliament House, London Eye, Tower Bridge etc.
Top attractions in London– London is a driving force spanning thousands of years of culture, history, and architecture. It is one of the largest cities in the world with a population of 8.615 million people. It is bigger than New York. (659 sqm vs. 468.9 sqm). Tourists find huge points of interest to see in London. Most of the places to visit for free.
18th century’s writer Samuel Johnson perfectly said “When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.
This will be a really hard job when you are going to choose what to see in London or 10 top attractions among hundreds of attractions. All London attractions, in fact, demand your time to visit them. But we list here Top 10 London attractions based on statistics of Numbers of Visitors released by Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA). Additionally, there are some other points of interest. Considering statistics, visitors comments we also put our recommendation which places to visit in London.
10 Top attractions in London:
- British Museum London– Numbers of visitors: 6,420,395
- National Gallery London– Numbers of visitors: 6,262,839
- Tate Britain – Tate Modern – Turner Collection– Numbers of visitors: 5,839,197
- Natural History Museum London– Numbers of visitors: 4,624,113
- Southbank Centre- Numbers of visitors: 3,909,376
- Somerset House London– Numbers of visitors: 3,443,220
- Science Museum London– Numbers of visitors: 3,245,750
- Victoria and Albert Museum London– Numbers of visitors: 3,022,086
- Tower of London– Numbers of visitors: 2,741,126
- Royal Museums Greenwich- 4 attractions– Numbers of visitors: 2,451,023 (National Maritime Museum, The Queen’s House, Royal Observatory and Peter Harrison Greenwich Planetarium, Cutty Sark)
- National Portrait Gallery– Numbers of visitors: 1,949,330
- Kew Gardens– Numbers of visitors: 1,828,956
- Westminster Abbey– Numbers of visitors: 1,819,945
- Royal Albert Hall– Numbers of visitors: 1,660,123
- St Paul Cathedral– Numbers of visitors: 1,519,018
- Numeric figure denotes the number of visits by visitors in the Year 2016. The full table of ALVA member visitor figures is available at ALVA website
Our recommendations- popular attractions in London
Based on statistics, travellers’ experience and recommendations from other Travel Organizations, we provide here a list of Points of Interest. You can draw up your plan for attractions to be seen at the minimum.
01. British Museum
06. British Parliament House & its Surrounding like Bigben (Elizabeth Tower), Climb Up Bigben, Parliament Square, Westminster Abbey, Churchill’s War Cabinet Room, Whitehall, Downing Street, Horse Guards, Banqueting House, Cenotaph
07. Buckingham Palace & its Surroundings like Changing Guard Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, St. James’s Palace, Kensington Palace, Wellington Arch, Constitution Hill, St. James Park, The Mall-Red Route, Hyde Park, The Serpentine Lake (inside Hyde Park), The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain (inside Hyde Park), Speaker’s Corner – Hyde Park
08. The London Eye and its Surroundings like Tate Britain – Tate Modern – Turner Collection, London Dungeon, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre, Sealife London Aquarium, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Hayward Gallery, Millennium Bridge etc.
10. Royal Museums Greenwich i.e. its four museums National Maritime Museum, The Queen’s House, Royal Observatory and Peter Harrison Greenwich Planetarium, Cutty Sark and also Old Royal Naval College – Greenwich Palace, Greenwich Park
12. Kew Palace & Kew Garden – Royal Botanic Gardens
13. China Town in London, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, West End Area,
15. The Monument
16. ZSL London Zoo
18. Shopping Places & Exclusive Brand Shops. Exclusive Brand Shop like Harrods, Hamley, Selfridges etc and Shopping Places like Oxfords Street, Regent Street, Westfield etc. and Famous Street Markets like Borough Market, Camden Town, Brick Lane Bangla Town, Portobello Market etc
Visitors are very much welcome to London. We are here to help you in choosing and booking London attractions. Just contact us, we will do the rest. You will find London Tourist Information Centres within your reach. For travel information, click here TFL- Travel Information for Visitors. Any problem, need help- why not to seek Police help London Met Police-Your Friend Always